This Christmas, give the gift of feeling good - and genuinely useful surprises.
- For a personalized package, combine a supplement with another feel-good gift, says our nutrition therapist.
Relief for the stressed
Since stress depletes our bodies of B-group vitamins, it's a good idea to make sure we get enough of them. Vitamin B's, which are important for the nervous system, provide support in the midst of what feels like a squirrel wheel of mental stress. The need for vitamin C and magnesium is also heightened by stress.
Reishi is also a great gift for someone who needs calm and balance in their life.
- Ashwagandha is already widely used and for those who are not yet familiar with this herb, it could be worth a try to relieve stress and improve sleep, recommends the nutritionist.
- Rose root, on the other hand, is a powerful adaptogen that helps people to adapt to changing circumstances and to cope with tough times.
Gifts for the sleepless
Gentle and soothing evening teas are a great way to transition from the hustle and bustle of the day to the more harmonious moments of the evening.
A diffuser with a fragrant essential oil, the most popular of which is lavender, can also bring a calming athmosphere into the home. Of course, you can also spritz a drop of lavender on a pillowcase or use it in soothing foot baths.
The spike mat and spike pillow, which are big favorites of our customers and staff, is excellent for relaxing and sleeping. Once you've experienced the relaxing power of a spike mat, lying on it becomes a well-being habit that you want to repeat every night before going to bed. For sweet dreams, a gift set is complemented by for example valerian, a quick-acting sleeping powder from the Puhdas+ range, Foodin's evening powder or a magnesium spray or cream for external use.
Well-being for teenagers
Believe it or not, it's also possible to gently guide teenagers into a world of natural wellness and health.
The health of a teenage girl or boy is supported by multivitamins specially designed for this age group.
- In addition to a jar of supplements, I recommend giving your teenager a gift of some lovely natural cosmetics. Lip balm, at least, is something almost everyone needs - and you might not think about how much lip balm is absorbed into the body through the mouth. Deodorant and skincare products to support teenage skin are certainly a welcomed gift. For someone struggling with pimples, you could slip a face mask or cleanser into the package, suggests Eijaliisa Koivu.
- For skin problems, vitamin B6 is a great support. So adding brewer's yeast flakes to food is an easy and excellent source of B vitamins. Vitamins A are also a good choice for young people. The fun Aromastick Focus stick, with its essential oils, gives a boost to concentration if your teen's mind wanders at school or doing homework.
For the young adult who has already moved into their own home, you can put together a great goody bag with nuts and dried fruit, ginger and sea buckthorn juice, and good omegas for brain support, such as a bottle of fish oil.
- A good multivitamin is also a great way to support and secure good nutrients if you're struggling with a comprehensive diet, says the nutritionist.
Gift ideas for atopic dermatitis
Atopic dermatitis skin is especially difficult in winter and a package that will certainly suit them will include products that help them internally as well as choices that help them externally.
- Among the nutritional supplements to support the skin are zinc, vitamin B6 or B complex or, alternatively, brewer's yeast flakes added to food as a source of B-group vitamins. Biotin, vitamin A and good omegas also contribute to skin health.
- In addition to omega 3 and 6 fatty acids from fish oil, omega 7 and 9 are also the friends of atopic skin and the Bertil´s Skin Omega is a particularly good choice.
- Black cumin oil, hemp and sea buckthorn oils are also suitable for vegans. Hemp-based skin oil, used externally (either on its own or mixed with a base cream), can soothe irritated, itchy and dry skin," recommends Eijaliisa Koivu.
Natural beauty gifts
You can choose internally nourishing and beauty-enhancing products to go with your lovely natural cosmetics.
- As the name suggests, Beauty complex contains nutrients that are good for your skin, hair and nails. MSM sulphur compounds are found in skin, hair, nails, muscles and bones. Vitamin C is needed for the formation of collagen, which is important for the skin, and vitamin A has a number of effects on skin well-being, our nutritionist sums up.
- Beauty premium collagen is a great beauty product, where the perfect blend of collagen, Dermial Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C and Biotin work little miracles for your skin. As collagen naturally decreases, fine lines and wrinkles appear. Collagen supplements have also become popular with those interested in joint health.
In addition to skin creams, the skin should also be nourished internally with good fatty acids such as Omega7 skin capsules and fish oil.
For the bathroom and make-up table, a beautiful bottle of perfume or a body oil with real herbs, for example, the luxurious feel of the Jimmy Boyd range is delightful. You & Oil's Beauty shot drops are also a great choice.
The absolute favourite of the moment is the Whamisa Cactus Serum, voted as this year's best natural cosmetic product in Ruohonjuuri, which contains 99.47% moisturizing and skin smoothing cactus extract.
A luxurious looking and feeling gua sha or face roller combined with a lovely face oil or serum are also wonderful gifts.
Gifts for the active ones
Magnesium, both internally and externally eases muscle tension and relaxes the body. For example, a stylish jar of power powder with maca protein and other active ingredients to boost your workout is a great gift.
Depending on your taste, you could choose a berry or fresh lemony electrolyte powder for hydration and minerals. For an extra kick and boost to your workout, add bag of EAAs, essential amino acids. A blend of eight essential amino acids is available unflavoured and in mango raspberry or grapefruit flavour.
In addition to the internal gifts, there is also external help for the body.
- Gua sha is a popular beauty treatment, but it's also a great way for exercisers to open up their muscles. You can find good instructions online for opening up the fascias, says Koivu.
Gifts for love birds
- Ashwagandha can have a pleasant effect on your spirits and make the sheets swirl. At the same time, it supports a stressed mind. Another product that supports love and mental well-being is maca, available in black for men and red for women, or a yellow version that suits both, recommends the nutritionist.
A hearty treat for one is a massage for the other. Tight shoulders or tired legs will thank you for the attention. The experience is crowned with a carefully chosen massage oil to ease pain or refresh.
The wonderful body oils or fragrances in the Jimmy Boyd range are guaranteed to delight the recipient - and it may even happen that your partner can no longer resist sniffing you.